Jordan Baja: Seaidan makes it two wins in a row
Mar 20, 2021
- Seaidan extends his World Cup lead
- The Saudi driver produces inpressive fightback
Having taken victory a fortnight ago at the Sharqiyah Baja in Saudi Arabia, Yasir Seaidan and Alexey Kuzmich repeated their success in Jordan. The duo in the MINI JCW Rally won round four of the FIA World Cup for Cross-Country Bajas and, in doing so, extended their lead at the top of the overall standings.
Seaidan and Kuzmich ended day one of the Jordan Baja in second place overall. They clocked the second-fastest time on the opening special stage, behind Erik van Loon in a Toyota. The MINI JCW Rally crew then won stage two and reduced their deficit to 26 seconds. Seaidan and Kuzmich then went on the attack on the third and final stage, which they won by over a minute. This excellent performance was enough to give the MINI JCW Rally duo overall victory at the Baja Jordan.
The next event in the World Cup for Cross-Country Bajas is the Baja Aragon in Spain on 23rd and 24th July 2021. The Rally Andalucía forms the opening round of the FIA World Cup for Cross-Country Rallies and also takes place in Spain, from 12th to 17th May 2021.
Jordan Baja – overall standings after SS3
1. Y. Seaidan / A. Kuzmich – MINI JCW Raly – 6h 37m 51s
2. E. van Loon / S. Delaunay – Toyota – 6h 43m 15s
3. R. Chabot / G. Pillot – Toyota – 6h 54m 31s
4. S. Al-Saif / O. Vidal – CanAm – 7h 28m 11s
5. M. Al-Thefiri / N. Al-Kuwari – CanAm – 8h 08m 35s